For this new edition of Rock Climbing Anchors, climber and writer Topher Donahue carefully reviewed each technique and lesson, making them even easier to understand and learn. Key updates include:
- Improved content hierarchy, reading efficiency, and technique emphasis
- Pros vs. Cons comparison lists
- Technological advances and changes in gear and standards
- Graphic illustrations of forces, movement, "right" vs. "wrong" technique, and more
- New section on anchor considerations for the climbing gym
- New distinction between "anchor" and "placement" or "piece"