Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
ROCK CLIMBING: Mastering Basic Skills (2ND EDITION)
By Topher Donahue
• Approximately 35 new techniques, safety considerations, and subjects
• National Outdoor Book Award winner in first edition
• First edition of this popular title has sold 50,000 copies
Thousands of rock climbers have learned the sport using Craig Luebben’s seminal and bestselling text, Rock Climbing: Mastering Basic Skills. Now Craig’s friend and fellow climber Topher Donahue brings the content up to current standards and includes technological advances, while preserving Craig’s comprehensive approach. An award-winning climber in his own right, Topher uses his writing and photography skills to simplify the complex world of modern climbing technique and reveals the thought process behind safe and practical climbing methods.
This second edition includes European climbing techniques that offer alternatives to those traditionally taught in North America. Topher has also incorporated new lessons derived from accidents due, in part, to the increased popularity of climbing. Also found in this edition:
• Over 10,000 more words and 125 more photos
• Three never-before-published techniques: Adjustable Hitch, High Friction Tubes, and Bight Method
• Detailed technical updates throughout
• New distinction between “anchor” (a group of placements, pieces, or bolts used at the end of a pitch or for top rope or rappel setup) and “placement” or “piece” (individual cams, nuts, etc., used in groups to make an anchor or used individually as protection on a pitch)
1 in stock