DMM Ultra Oval
The Ultra O Screwgate could be described as the perfect aid climbing biner – it certainly performs remarkably well in the big wall environment and the I-Beam construction gives it an excellent strength to weight ratio.
Perhaps multi day ascents, sac hauling, portaledges and extreme dehydration (eek!) are not your bag, but that doesn’t mean you should turn your back on the oval biner design, far from it.
At some point all of us will need to use a pulley system, most likely in a rescue situation. Oval biners are important because they allow pulleys to sit in a correctly loaded and equalised position.
The symmetrical shape also stops them shifting under load and potentially dislodging a marginal gear placement. The locking gate adds a final element of security to the system.
- Oval shaped locking biner
- Ideal for pulley systems and aid climbing
- Strong and lightweight I-Beam construction
- Generous rope radius
- Available with Screwgate, Quicklock and Locksafe locking systems
- Can be supplied with a captive pin to hold the biner in a specific position and prevent cross-loading
- Available in colour packs for easy identification – as biners only, biners with 60cm colour coded 11mm dyneema, and biners with 120cm colour coded 11mm dyneema
- Screwgate and Locksafe available with integrated iD. Other gate options by special order.